Verses of the Week

  • Psalm 145:18 "The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth."
  • Psalm 146:2 "While I live I will praise the Lord; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being."
  • John 14:21 "He who has my commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be love by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."

Saturday, April 28, 2007

April 28, 2007... Our Day

Today started at 5am as Kamri came running to the bottom of the stairs calling for "mommy" (as happens every morning, but the time is never the same. it's anywhere from 5 to 7am). So down I go, give her a hug and then gently lay her down on the couch where I can be with her but also go back to Sleep (please!). Here she buys it for about 5 minutes and then starts asking for oatmeal and milk. I try to trick her and tell her it's still dark outside and still sleepy time, but her stomach tells her it's time for oatmeal. So it wins and there starts our day! By 7:30 we were out on our concrete slab bouncing the basketball. It's like a new playground for Kamri, where she can run and ride her bike in what probably seems like a HUGE block of concrete to her. I sit down in the cool morning air and have my coffee (the 3rd cup) and watch her giggle and play while all the birds are chirping and the cars that pass just stare wishing they were that carefree at that moment too. We go back and forth playing on the concrete to the trampoline, to the dogs and back to he concrete. Kamri's new big sentence for the concrete playtime is, "I don't go by the 'dults." I translated this yesterday and asked her, "you can't go by the adults?" And she then clarified herself by saying, "no mommy" and going over pointing to the huge anchor bolts sticking out of the concrete, "I can't go by the 'dults," "oh, the BOLTS" I say... so now she's got it.
By 10:40 we were ready to go get the few items I had forgotten yesterday at the grocery store, and had a little lunch at Target. When we came back I did some house chores and she played then we later made some brickle cookies together. She actually did most of the dumping and stirring and did all of the balling up and patting down. Little baker she is!
If you noticed I mentioned no nap in here. That's because it was all of about 15 minutes. On the way home from Target she fell asleep and when I got her out she stayed asleep in her room on Dora for about 5 more minutes! So tonight she was laying down by 7 and out like a light by 7:30. I already warned Pat that she'd be getting up early and we might just make the early service at church in the morn.
Pat wasn't mentioned in our day because he was upstairs almost the whole day working on the slide show for the Tennis Banquet which is May 10th. He will be working on it every second he can until that day. He really puts a lot of work in to this for the kids and they love it! They better... he said he bets it takes him about 100 hours total just to put the slide show together. (Believe me it's not your average slide show... it's like a professional thing that someone would pay him big bucks to do for him. Hey there's a thought!:)

Favorite thing today: seeing Kamri giggle and ride her trycicle all over what will soon be our home!

No comments: