Verses of the Week

  • Psalm 145:18 "The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth."
  • Psalm 146:2 "While I live I will praise the Lord; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being."
  • John 14:21 "He who has my commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be love by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

A Quiet Voice...

I have been told by certain members of my family that I have a loud voice. I think it just carries well, ya know. Well, I have always tried to get Kamri to lower her voice and it has been brought to my attention again that maybe she is mimicking me and reacting to me. I really don't even notice myself until someone gently points it out to me again. So my goal today was to talk gently to her. I have several friends who have gentle voices with their kids and I wish it came more natural for me. After talking softly and not getting upset about every little "terrible 2" year old thing that happened today, I really feel like Kamri's reactions to me changed a little. It does make a difference and I know this won't happen overnight, but I'm going to work on my reactions to her and I think this will eventually catch on and become a habit for me... and her... a good one!

3 comments:

Lacie said...

Hey Girl!!!! I am so glad you have come to join the blog world!!!!! I have missed ya!

I love the idea of a quiet voice- I may have to start with trying it a couple of hours at a time (HeeHee)! I'm afraid I wouldn't be heard above all the racket in our house!!

Holly said...

I've never really noticed you having a loud voice. I think it's great to try and implement the change you want though-it's never too late!

I'm sooo glad to find your spot in Blogville! :)

Mamaof3 said...

Yay! I found you!! I need to work on this too...BIG TIME!