Verses of the Week

  • Psalm 145:18 "The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth."
  • Psalm 146:2 "While I live I will praise the Lord; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being."
  • John 14:21 "He who has my commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be love by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."

Thursday, August 16, 2007

blah day...:Blame it On the Rain, yeah, yeah"

Ever have one of these? I'm sure I'm not the only one, but when you have one you do feel like you're the only one. I feel as though I wasted a full day. I got up sleepy and just never got started. Could've been the rain... ok... who can forget Milly Vanilly (sp?) when we're blaming our mood and laziness on the weather?!:) Just couldn't resist. And to get off on a wild goose chase... do you remember learning about the fact they weren't really the ones singing it? Did you care? I didn't. I was just thinking, "ok...so whoever is singing it is doing a good job and I still like the song, so why all the fuss?" N E who... back to the original topic. Is it a wasted day? Maybe not. I did get 3 loads of laundry washed, one put up, cooked, cleaned the kitchen, read my Bible, and typed on my computer. I guess after seeing all that written down it looks as though I didn't waste the day, but I did not get dressed to shoes, as Fly Lady says to do first thing... and it really does make a difference. Just think what all I could have accomplished if I had gotten dressed 1st thing! I guess I just don't like days where I barely set foot outside... and K definitely needed to let out more energy today. Oh well, tomorrow we'll start anew and get dressed to shoes first thing again.

4 comments:

maria said...

I don't know if its the weather or not too, but I've kind of had that day. All I can say is that its a new day tomorrow...
By the way, check out my blog--you've been tagged!

Lacie said...

Well, has the rain stopped today?

I couldn't believe when I heard thst a Randles roof had fallen in near Heather's house! WHAT in the WORLD!

I hope today is better and you have your shoes on!

Holly said...

Now I am totally singing Milli Vinilli! Some days are just like that--I know I have my share. I think you and FlyLady are on to something about getting dressed to shoes first thing (as I type in my pjs)--it makes me want to get the day going faster(obviously not today though).

Love ya!

Kim said...

I loved Milli Vanilli way back when! Here a few days later the sun is shining and I hope your day is shining too! We drove by your new casa today - WOW!!!!! So exciting! :)