Verses of the Week

  • Psalm 145:18 "The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth."
  • Psalm 146:2 "While I live I will praise the Lord; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being."
  • John 14:21 "He who has my commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be love by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Thank God for Meme & Mom...

Today I am thankful for my meme and mom. The day started with K and I off to meme's house by 8:15 for coffee and a little breakfast. Mom was sitting on the couch reading her Bible when we walked in... as she has always done at some point everyday for as long as I can remember, whether it was early morning or midnight, waiting up for me to get in. After a while, mom was off to work and Meme rode with me to do "take-backs"... and not the fun kind in clothing stores where you always find something else new to buy-these were tiles and carpet samples! I didn't want to have to lug K back and forth and carry those heavy tiles so that was a blessing to have Meme in the car with me and sit with Kamri, and the conversations with meme are never dull, but meaningful. Of course K kept us laughing just itching to get out of that car seat. K kept saying "mommy can I ask a question?"..."Where's my daddy?" That was the question of the day (over and over)....when we finally made it back from Houston to our side of town to Walmart, K just was elated to get out and walk! Yeah... we just had such a relaxing walk through walmart, ate at McD's and watched K ride the Earnie car=whoo hoo!

I guess the part I am most thankful for is the influence of being around a meme and mom who love Jesus. They don't fail to mention something about him to almost anyone they can. At the end of our journey today, I was dropping Meme off at the office. She stayed in the car again while I went in to say hello to mom. Well, while I was in the office, a truck flying down the highway with a trailer lost a tire and it bounced over the road and hit the front of our car. At that point she didn't even know what the bang was. Why??? Well, when I came back to the car, a man pulled up and got out. He asked if my car had any damage from the tire. He had chased down the man who lost the tire and told him about it because he was unaware he had even lost it off his trailer, so back he came too. Well, when Meme got out she said she didn't know what it was because she had been looking down in prayer to Jesus for the coal miners. The man just kind of sluffed that comment off, but I know that you never know what kind of seed you might plant just by a comment like that. This is an everyday, everywhere thing for her, and my mom as well. It is just part of who they are, like breathing, it's like they don't even give it a 2nd thought and Jesus' love and influence just come out of their mouths. And it's not like they try to make the conversations strain to that way. It sounds so natural and in place- not fakey or anything. I want to get better at that but I realize that you can not force something like that... God has to already be there on your heart all the day long. That's the part I need to work on first... really putting God first, and then maybe it will be as natural for me as it is for them.
Thanks to mom and Meme for their influence and teaching me what a godly woman should be.

3 comments:

Lacie said...

Your Mom and Meme have just touched another life- Mine.

I always love the stories you share with us about how those two wonderful women always show strength and grace. Thier relationship with God is so encouraging and an example to all of us "young" girls.

Miss ya!

Holly said...

I was sooo surprised to see your comment on Lacie's blog and then see that you are back in action! Yea!!

I am always so thankul for the stories you share about your mom and your Meme. Amazing women, truly. I'd love to have that second nature way of mentionin Jesus, but I don't. They inspire me though!

maria said...

Robyn--

You are so blessed to have such wonderful Christian women in your life. I love how open they are about their Christianity and how bold they are about sharing their faith. They are such an example to me too, and I hope to be a woman like them some day!