Verses of the Week

  • Psalm 145:18 "The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth."
  • Psalm 146:2 "While I live I will praise the Lord; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being."
  • John 14:21 "He who has my commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be love by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."

Monday, August 13, 2007

Still Playing House

Today and the past week we have been picking out stains and paints. It was very easy to nail down the accent colors, my reds and Kamri's pinks. She walked in her room today and just gasped with excitement and said, "oh, mom... Hee, hee, I love it!" The one color I thought would be the easiest has turned out to be the hardest - the tan! Kilim Beige, Nomadic Desert, Latte??? What will look better once the whole house is closed in with blinds on the windows and the electricity's up with the lights on? I know which one sounds the best (Latte, Of course), but it actually turned out way too dark. One ruled out! I know I should just pick one, but it'll be there for so long because we are not going back to paint all these big walls! Once we're in, I just want to enjoy it for a while.
Well, I had my meltdown about the colors, now I am taking a breather because I know that in the grand scheme of things, the color of my walls really doesn't amount to a hill of beans! So, we're almost finished. Maybe 4 more weeks and then I can start moving in and have the fam and friends over to visit! Yeah!!!

5 comments:

Mamaof3 said...

That tan IS hard to pick!! We never quite got it right and I am still wanting to repaint! It came out too light here...

Lacie said...

Maybe there is a color- "A Hill of Beans"! That sounds like a tanish color-HA!

I am so excited for you!

Holly said...

So, have you decided? I can't wait to see everything!!!

Robyn said...

I finally decided on a color called Nomadic Desert for the overall color. It's a brown/dark tan. Can't wait to have yall over!

maria said...

Beiges and tans are always so hard to pick out. Nomadic Desert does sound very...earthy! HA! Hope to see it soon!