Verses of the Week

  • Psalm 145:18 "The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth."
  • Psalm 146:2 "While I live I will praise the Lord; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being."
  • John 14:21 "He who has my commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be love by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."

Friday, January 18, 2008

What do Daddy's know???

We went to lunch today with my cousin, her husband and 2 kids, and Kamri. My cousin said her husband came home yesterday with a cheeseburger for the 2 year old. When she questioned why he had a cheeseburger for the 2 year old, he said, "He said that's what he wanted."
She went on to explain we (mom's) do not ask what a 2 year old wants, we just know. And many times they do not know what they want, they just say something and then won't eat it. Besides the fact that a 2 year old has no business eating a cheeseburger.

So to that my husband says, "We just treat them while yall (moms) are trying to raise them."

Let that statement soak in... read it again. "We just treat them while yall (moms) are trying to raise them."

How profound and true and wrapped up in a nutshell. Somedays it's like we work so hard to enforce manners and good habits, and then the lock on the door turns, "Daddy's Home!" and it's all undone!

I have to say, my husband has so many good qualities and I guess I'm not perfect! All in all daddy's do know a lot, but there is definitely a real thing called "mother's instinct" that we are blessed with!

1 comment:

Lacie said...

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!! Why do the Dad's always get to have the fun??? I am cleaning the kitchen while the boys are wrestling...ok, I wouldn't want to do that any way, but you get the point!