Verses of the Week

  • Psalm 145:18 "The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth."
  • Psalm 146:2 "While I live I will praise the Lord; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being."
  • John 14:21 "He who has my commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be love by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."

Monday, January 14, 2008

Stolen Identity!

Ok... so I had forgotten my password for a while and it was very frustrating. I could read but not write on my own site. It was like I could not be me and journal what I wanted. I finally got it today! Now on top of this...

Last month, I had my identity stolen, social security card (I know, I know. I wasn't supposed to be carrying that.), along with credit cards, bank cards, bank statements, a gift card to Pier 1, a gift card to Starbuck's, money, checks, receipts... this list could go on and on.... One of the most dear things they stole from me was something I can't replace... pictures! My digital camera with my card in it, which contained over 80 pictures on it... our first Thanksgiving in our new house, etc. That is one lesson for me... download often and backup! And journal, in case pictures aren't around, I will have my memories.

So for the past month I have still been trying to get everything straightened out with the credit card companies, banks, credit bureau, etc. I almost have it all done... It all came during the holidays and such a busy time that it was hard to get it all taken care of, and I'm a girl who doesn't like taking care of this kind of business at all!... so it takes me even longer than most people to get to things like this.... believe me, a 3 year old girl doesn't like making a bunch of trips to the bank (inside) either. But the policeman was there to help- that's another story.

I am still waiting for my license to come in the mail... hey, I'll get a new picture- yeah! I waited 2 hours in the line... it better be good!

So all that to say.... today when I got this password figured out again... I felt like a new woman. So much has been taken from me this past month and now I am getting me back!

Enjoy life, be cautious, know who you are in case someone tries to take YOU, download often... and only carry a few things with you!... and by all means, if you forget your password to blog, you can get out the old pen and paper! Yes, journaling on pen and paper is still allowed and quite comforting too! Love who you are and BE!

2 comments:

maria said...

You have such a positive outlook on things!! Don't feel bad, I carry my social security card with me (my 2nd one, since my first one got stolen in my purse in a movie theater). I'm just so grateful that you weren't hurt!

Heather's House said...

Yeah! I'm glad your back. I wish we could catch those thieves!!! It makes me so mad.

Glad things are getting back to normal.

Love ya!