Verses of the Week

  • Psalm 145:18 "The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth."
  • Psalm 146:2 "While I live I will praise the Lord; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being."
  • John 14:21 "He who has my commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be love by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."

Sunday, February 3, 2008

37 and trying to spoil a SURPRISE!

Pat just turned 37. We had a birthday party planned for just a few family members over for some hotdogs and cake! Kamri of course helped me with EVERYTHING! The cards, the cake, some more cards.... I had to come up with thing to keep her busy, because once you tell her a birthday is coming, she thinks it's supposed to be 'right now'.
She was really excited when I busted out the icing! Her finger somehow kept swiping it and ending up in her mouth. I know, unsanitary. But I tried to watch it and scraped her part off with a knife. She got smart... instead of sticking around... she swiped some and ran off... I literally could not find her for about 5 minutes! But eventually... there I saw her little feetsies sticking out from under her umbrella chair in her room. I hurried up and quietly came back with the camera! Gotcha! Ha,ha!
So on to the present...
1st. A little background info. My husband has got to be the hardest person to buy for in the world! He doesn't claim to want much, but at the same time, he is not easily pleased with gifts. Just because I like it doesn't mean he will. I can't even pick out clothes for him half the time. So this year I asked him while back what one thing he wanted that he didn't have since we moved in our house. Well, he mentioned the glider/recliner casually. But in my mind it was like a fire engine siren. I planned to get it. Well, one word- PROCRASTINATION. ok. so I didn't get it in time. 2 days before the party I was searching the internet, found it, but also couldn't get it till 3 or 4 days after going to the store 45 minutes away to purchase it. So I decided to put a picture of it in an envelope to have him open... then we'd get it next week.
Now. David and Lyndsey have a truck which most likely we would borrow to pick it up.
Now. Yesterday before the party. Pat says casually, "I saw David and Lyndsey earlier on the road." To which I reply,"ok... and...did you wave?" Pat-"yeah...(pause).... they had some big box in the back of their truck."
So there you have it! My husband tried to pry a look out of me to see if I would blush or something if he had guessed the present. Well, I got him back because, they didn't have the chair. remember, I had only a picture of it! ha. You should have seen his face when they pulled in for the party... with nothing in the back of their truck. Pat was the one blushing then!
But he was wished happy birthday later with the picture and we'll get his chair this week!
Happy 37th honey! Can't surprise you can we!

Any of you have someone like this... difficult (in the nicest sense of the word)? What do you do? Any ideas? I am a prankster by nature and after almost 8 years of marriage I have lost some of it due to th fact that I can't trump him! So any thoughts that would help me to "get" him. You know... Valentine's Day is coming up! HELP! (and this time it has to be cheap!)

2 comments:

Heather's House said...

Happy Birthday, Pat...you little sneak. Trying to figure out your birthday present, huh! Well, hope you had a great one...

Robyn, your cake looked yummy! You are an awesome hostess!!

love ya!

Summer Dawn said...

Hello strangers! I've just recently entered the world of blogging and am excited to be finding everyone. The cake looks yummy...sorry I missed it! :)