Verses of the Week

  • Psalm 145:18 "The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth."
  • Psalm 146:2 "While I live I will praise the Lord; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being."
  • John 14:21 "He who has my commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be love by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Share your Gift.

Have you ever been to a party or shower for someone and you can't wait for them to open your gift... not because you want to show-off, but because you think they will love it. You took great time and pride in picking it out, wrapping it up, writing a special card to go with it and you just can't wait to see how happy you make them.
Now, have you ever been sitting there and the person opens it and just barely says anything and puts it back in the box? You don't know whether they liked it or not? It makes you a little sad that they are not sharing it, because that means they probably don't really like it or appreciate it.
Now, if you are a Christian, did you ever think God might feel that way? He has given us the most special gift in the world. His Son, Jesus.... If we hide our gift away and never share it, I can't imagine how He must feel. We should be so excited about our Savior that we can't contain it.
Others need to have a chance for this gift... so, again... if you're a Christian I encourage you and myself... Share the Gift! Acts 8:35 "Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus."

2 comments:

Heather's House said...

Oh Robyn! Awesome post. Thank you so much for always sharing your gift! you are amazing!

Love ya!

Lacie said...

Robyn,

I was feeling sorry for you as I started reading the post...I was so upset that someone did not like your gift! Great Post it totally got my attention!

Share girl, share!

Love ya!