Verses of the Week

  • Psalm 145:18 "The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth."
  • Psalm 146:2 "While I live I will praise the Lord; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being."
  • John 14:21 "He who has my commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be love by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."

Monday, September 24, 2007

It is fun to be tagged and learn more about those around you while others get the scoop on you too! Lacie tagged me...so here it goes ready or not!

1.What I was doing 10 years ago- September 1997:

I was attending University Of Mary Hardin-Baylor working towards a BA in Spanish. Jessica was my roommate. We spent most of our time pulling pranks and just having good old fun! All the girl stuff you can imagine with some studying in there... Dorm Life!

2. Five years ago was September 2002:

I had been married to my adorable husband for two wonderful years! I was finishing up my Teaching Certification Program, had taught HS Spanish for 1 year and was teaching 4th grade that year. My dear Dad and husband had also built the house we live in now and had been living in it for less than a year. It's plan was to be our garage eventually and it is now happening! We have built on our dream home and what we live in now will soon be our garage.

3. One year ago September 2006:

I had been working at MDO for about a month, and K was in my class. We went to school together I guess you could say, for that school year Sometimes I would joke that she taught school instead of me... go figure! She was definitely in her element, while I was tiring of smelling and changing poopy diapers all day.

4. Yesterday, September 17 (Has it been that long since I blogged!!!!-WOW!):

K and I made a MK delivery, ran to the grocery store, played on the trampoline (yes, I jump with her alot and the neighbors laugh at us). We had lunch on our back porch fed the goats (not ours, the neighbor's), and I cleaned, did laundry and cooked. I also prepared some hand flower crafts for our MDO grandparent's luncheon for Thursday. And the part we waited and waited on was the delivery of our appliances, which finally came at the end of the time slot they gave us- whoo hoo!

5. Snacks I enjoy

Anything chocoalte, raw, slightly warmed cookie dough, and lately I have really enjoyed those Garden Salsa Sun Chips> AND I LOVE COFFEE with lots of cream and sugar!

6. Things I would do if I suddenly had $100 million dollars:

I would first give to my church to further the spreading of the gospel. Then I would pay off my home, college loans, mom's house, put away some for K's college fund, and take our whole family on a trip (which is mom's dream to be able to pay for us all one). Then I would buy a condo in Colorado so we could go snow skiing whenever we wanted, and a condo in Hawaii or somewhere tropical for the spring/summer time. I'd have some fun money for girl time, and money to give to those I see in need around me! Ok, ok... I think I'm close to out of money again :)

7.Locations I would run to:

Hawaii, Italy, Sweden, Germany... just a few of the places I would love to go.... I am a world traveler by nature, just need more money to do it all!

8. Bad habit I have:

Please do not ask my husband... and I plead the 5th!

9. Things I like doing:

As long as I'm with family and friends I like doing just about anything! I love water skiing, snow skiing, riding jet skis, boating, laying out in the sun next to water, and riding our scooter! I also love teaching kids and watching them soak it up!

10. Biggest Joy of the Moment:

I had to go to Home Depot today... again. Well my joy 2 days ago was that Pat took K to tennis practice with him so I could actually think at HD staring at the isle full of various lights so hard to pick out. Then today my mom kept her for a couple of hours so I could do the same thing again... yes picking out lights (alone) was my biggest joy today! I just like time to myself every once in a blue moon! And K's first tennis practice went great but she got a blister on her foot from running with the team!


Fun Stuff! Thanks for tagging me Lacie!

No comments: