Verses of the Week

  • Psalm 145:18 "The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth."
  • Psalm 146:2 "While I live I will praise the Lord; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being."
  • John 14:21 "He who has my commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be love by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Tennis Star in the Making...



Well, K looked too cute! Pat brought home a tiny tank top that matches the team's tanks for K. So Tuesday after MDO and a nap, we got "dressed Out" Wildcat style and went to the Tennis courts. The team and parents couldn't get over how big K has grown since last year and it was such fun just watching her interact with these highschool kids. She ate it up. They really are sweet to her... the ones who weren't in matches played catch and chased balls with her. She got to "coach" with daddy and thought she was BIG STUFF! It was so cute to see her chest swell with pride as Pat asked her if she wanted to help him out! He has been really busy with the house lately and Tennis matches until late at night, so for us to get to go to a match was a huge treat to her... she cried the other day and said, "because I lost my daddy". She is having such a hard time right now, going through the separation fear stage I guess... crying all the time at school and just can't be soothed sometimes. But when she's with us it's all good. I guess that's what mommy's and daddy's do, huh... make everything all good! I hate to see her with those big raw blisters under her eyes from having cried all day.
At the end Pat let her get on the bus for a minute before we left! What a fun day in the life of a 2 year old!
Until next match, sweet tennis dreams K!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Sweet baby girl! I cannot wait to see her in her wildcat gear! The boys have some too...we need to get a photo!

Hang in there with the separation thing. I know it's hard, but God will give you and K strength.