Verses of the Week

  • Psalm 145:18 "The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth."
  • Psalm 146:2 "While I live I will praise the Lord; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being."
  • John 14:21 "He who has my commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be love by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Saturday Stuff...

K and I had a fun day. We got to go to A's birthday party, where K wore big girl panties and had no accidents!!! I decided since the party was outside it would be a good time to try them away from home, without worrying about messing up someone's floor. When she has the pull ups on it's like she just doesn't want to bother with telling me.... except on Sunday's at church... go figure. It's weird. Now why would she tell me on Sundays at church, but all during the week anywhere else it's 50/50? It beats me. I just wish I could get in that little head of hers and get some answers. Another thing I did different today is not carry her sippie cup. so she didn't have as much to drink. Maybe that's it... just go thirsty K, you'll be fine! Really, she was fine and it gives me the idea to carry one less thing in my bag now! Of course she was asking for applejuice a dozen times on the way home, but she survived... it's just habit I'm sure.

To anyone visiting my blog... remember, this is really like an online memory book for me so if you're bored..........

Funny stuff:
K was playing with her playdough and stuck a circle of it to her forehead and said she was the doctor and needed to check me and write me a "scooption" (prescription).

She totally rearranged her room while I was trying to clean house. Got her mini recliner in a laid back position and was doing all sorts of funny pretend stuff. I peeked around the corner and hurried for the camera only to see her rare back and fall over backwards, recliner and all. She just laid there upside down as if it felt good to be upside down. I was by myself cracking up at her.

Playdough again... this time in a clump and stuck 3 markers in it and told me it was her birthday cake and she then pretended to light the "candles" and sing to herself and blow them out!

Motherhood was a joy today as I got to observe!

3 comments:

Kim said...

K is such a cutie pie! I love her little voice. I"m glad that you share these small moments with us. It reminds me to treasure the small moments.

One of my fav. moments with K was when you guys came to visit me in the hospital last year. She touched the floor and kept saying, "HAnds, Mommy! Hands!" We all thought that was so precious. So from then on, every time someone touched something gross, we said, "Hands, Mommy! HAnds!"

You are doing such a good job raising a sweet little girl... and she is growing up so fast. Real panties and no sippy cup! WOW! Way to go K!!!

Robyn said...

Well, I was weak and brought the sippy cup to church, but yes, big girl panties! Thanks for sharing the Hands story...I didn't even remember that. I am terrible about remembering things unless I write them down, which is why I love the blog!

BriteCloud said...

Don't you love days like that when you are both content, and you get to see a little glimpse into how they think when they play alone? Those are the days that make all of the not-so-great days worthwhile.

K. is so cute! I love to hear Moms enjoying their children.

Blessings, Rhonda